2018 ‘IOLANI TALENT CONTEST WINNERS BY CATEGORY
Congratulations to ALL the fabulous contestants and winners!See you next year!
Grades K-41st place - Brianne Villaruz 3rd Grade Kipapa Elementary School - singing Almost There
2nd place - Alexis Libarios 2nd Grade Mililani Mauka Elementary School - singing Live Out Loud
Grades 5-71st place - Kyla Adviento 6th grade Kalakaua Middle School - singing Never Enough
2nd place - Sohpia Stark 7th grade Home School - singing Hallelujah/Roar
3rd place - Raphael Stark 5th grade Home School - All of Me/Great Balls of Fire
Grades 8-121st place - Paige Villaruz - 8th grade Mililani Middle - singing Piece By Piece
2nd place - Abriana Burrouso - 8th grade Washington Middle School - Out Here On My Own
3rd place - Marea Lee - 10th grade ‘Iolani School - Empire State of Mind
BAND1st place - K.C. and the Bells from ‘Iolani School
Band Members: Elvis Imamura, Logyn Okuda, KC Bell, Daniel Ferrer, Nathan Hue
2nd place - Cameron and Weeko Bauzon singing Hallelujah
3rd place - Ukulele Jam - Toshio and Usaburo Mendenhall
Special Guest Appearance on Friday Night by Kaylee Shimizu singing This Is Me
Mahalo to our wonderful judges for the hard task of determining the winners.
The ‘Iolani Fair Talent Contest is open to all current Hawaii high school students in Kindergarten thru 12th grade.
Performances:Grades K – 7: Friday, April 20, 5:30 pm
Grades 8 – 12: Saturday, April 21, 7:30 pm
Auditions:Saturday, April 7, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Monday, April 9, 3:15 pm – 5:30 pm
‘Iolani School, Castle Building, Band Room (click here for directions)
Contact the Fair Office at 943-2339 or email email@example.com to schedule an audition.
Following information is required for audition signups:Category & Number of participants
Name/Grade/School of all participants
Contact info. (Phone & Email) of one member or parent
Preferred audition time (see above for audition dates), please list 3 times
Talent Contest Rules:
- Performance Time Limits: Vocalists 3 minutes, Bands 4 minutes.
- All potential contestants must audition using the same musical selection and instrumentation with which they plan to compete. No exceptions will be made at time of competition. Any such changes will result in immediate disqualification.
- ‘Iolani School will supply drums, bass amplifier, guitar amplifiers, microphones and a digital piano for competition event(s) only. An acoustic piano, drum set, and CD player will be available on audition dates. ALL band members must meet qualifications.
- Vocalists who require pre-recorded accompaniment will need to provide a CD (No MP3) with ONE track – no longer than three (3) minutes in length. CD must be labeled with both the CONTESTANT’S NAME and SONG TITLE and may be picked up immediately following each competition.
- Contestants must be present at least 30 minutes before start of respective competition. Late arrivals may be disqualified.
- Contestants will be notified via email by April 13, upon being selected to compete.
- By auditioning, contestants agree to abide by rules of the competition.