Chair & Shadow InformationEach grade level is asked to find Chairs and Shadows for most booths at the Fair. A Booth Chair oversees the planning, setup, operations and breakdown of the booth they are in charge of. A Booth Shadow works under the Booth Chair and assists and observes the Chair throughout the year in order to take on the role the following year.
For a listing of Booth Chair and Shadow assignments that are still available for the 2020 Fair please contact your grade level ohana representative.
For a brief listing of responsibilities for the Booth Chair position, please see below. As specific tasks will vary by booth, please contact the Fair Office for further information about a specific booth's duties and responsibilities.
If you are interested in taking on a role as a chair or shadow please contact the Fair Office at 943-2339 or email email@example.com.
General Duties and Responsibilities of a Booth Chair
- Discuss with Student Chairs specific duties and responsibilities for your booth
- Inform the Adult Division Chairs of change/updates to your booth including: new products, booths, booth names, key dates for your division, etc.
- Review previous year’s manpower counts
- Determine booth layout
- Name your booth according to theme
- Oversee decorating your booth
- Work with Division Chairs to determine what your booth will be selling/offering (including pricing of items)
- Oversee setup/breakdown of your booth
Booth ShadowsThe role of a Booth Shadow is to observe and assist the Booth Chairs throughout the year. The intent of this position is to prepare a Shadow to take over the Chair position the following year. Shadows are expected to attend all meetings and as many pre-fair workshops as possible along with being present throughout both days of the Fair.
General Duties and Responsibilities of Grade Level Manpower Chairs
Each grade level is asked to find a Grade Level Manpower Chair who will assist with recruiting volunteers (from their respective grade level) to fill the various shifts assigned to their grade. A brief description of tasks is listed below.
- Solicit your grade level (or friends/family) to fill your grade level’s shifts
- Utilize the online manpower database to sign up volunteers for shifts
- Sign up for one shift in the Manpower Tent during the Fair