Chair & Shadow Information
Each year we are in search of parents to shadow and chair the various booths at the Fair
A Booth Chair oversees the planning, setup, operations and breakdown of the booth they are in charge of. A Booth Shadow works under the Booth Chair and assists and observes the Chair throughout the year in order to take on the role the following year.
This year we begin a new booth assignment process with our Junior class taking the reins of the Fair! Along with the Malasada Booth the junior class will also chair our game booths and Gourmet Drinks & Desserts. Sophomores will shadow. Note that the manpower for each shift will be assigned to the other grade levels. The remaining booths will be chaired and shadowed by the other grade levels.
For a full listing of booth positions along with manpower assignments and descriptions of each booth please click here.
If you are interested in taking on a role as a chair or shadow please contact the Fair Office at 943-2339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Duties and Responsibilities of a Booth Chair
- Discuss with Student Chairs specific duties and responsibilities for your booth
- Inform the Adult Division Chairs of change/updates to your booth including: new products, booths, booth names, key dates for your division, etc.
- Review previous year’s manpower counts
- Determine booth layout
- Name your booth according to theme
- Oversee decorating your booth
- Work with Division Chairs to determine what your booth will be selling/offering (including pricing of items)
- Oversee setup/breakdown of your booth
The role of a Booth Shadow is to observe and assist the Booth Chairs throughout the year. The intent of this position is to prepare a Shadow to take over the Chair position the following year. Shadows are expected to attend all meetings and as many pre-fair workshops as possible along with being present throughout both days of the Fair.